REMOVAL OF DIRECTORS & BOARD MEMBERS A.R.S. 33-1813 / CONDO A.R.S. 33-1243
Did You Know?
1. Petition for Removal of Director Requirements: (a) Associations with 1,000 or Fewer Members: A petition must be presented to the board for removal of a director that is signed by the number of persons who are eligible to cast at least 25% of the votes in the association or one hundred votes in the association, whichever is less; (b) Associations with over 1,000 Members: A petition must be presented to the board for removal of a director that is signed by the number of persons who are eligible to cast at least 10% of the votes in the association or one thousand votes in the association, whichever is less;
2. Special Meeting: The special meeting has to be called, noticed and held within 30 days after receipt of the petition for removal;
3. Quorum: A quorum for the removal meeting purpose is met if the number of owners who are eligible to vote at the time the person attends the meeting are equal to at least 20% of the votes, or one thousand votes, whichever is less, are present at the meeting in person or as otherwise permitted by law;
4. Percentage Required to Remove Director: A member of the board can be removed from office with or without cause by a majority vote of the members eligible to vote who are voting on the matter at a meeting of the members called for the removal purpose. A quorum must be present;
5. Retention of Documents: The board must retain documents related to proposed removal for at least one year after the special meeting and shall permit inspection of these records by members;
6. Only One Removal Attempt Per Term: A petition for removal of the same member of the board shall not be submitted more than once during each term of office for that member.